Frequent dizziness, tinnitus, flies in front of eyes, and feeling of heaviness behind the head is not just due to fatigueOften they are provoked by degenerative-dystrophic changes in the spine. Headache caused by degenerative cervical vertebrae is typical of the disease. It is impossible to remove them for a long time without affecting the root cause.
The mechanism of development of the disease
Degenerative disc cartilage and bone tissue in the cervical spine causes clinical symptoms already in the early stage. The proliferation and displacement of vertebral fragments inevitably lead to impaired blood flow, nourishment and inadequate nutrition for brain structures. The causes of spinal deformity in the neck area are:
- structural disorders of bone tissue;
- physical trauma;
- incorrect posture;
- Osteonecrosis of the lumbar region or chest.
In nearly half of the cases, the pathology is detected in the middle ages and young adults, commonly seen in women. Its development is facilitated by inaccurate head posture that prolongs while sleeping, sitting at a desk, while talking on the phone and moving in vehicles. The progression of osteonecrosis is accelerated by the habit of sleeping on a high pillow. The mobility of this part of the body, the smaller size of the vertebra compared to other parts, the position of a large number of large vessels and the nerve stem, determines the early onset of symptoms. proof. Pain syndrome is primary.
Falling disc fragments and altered vertebrae compress the vertebral artery and its surrounding nerve plexus. Prolonged compression causes a narrowing of the lumen, slowing blood flow and reducing oxygen supply to the tissues. Malnutrition, hypoxia and cerebral ischemia are then exacerbated by compression of the nerve stem by bone-forming cells - the patient is osteoporosis.
Symptoms of cervical bone necrosis
In most cases, headaches and other symptoms of the pathology are of a secondary nature or of a cause of vertebrae - they are caused by pathological processes not in the brain, but in the spine. near.
- A reflex headache - boring pain. It occurs when the first three vertebrae are affected. It begins in the upper part of the neck, extends to the occipital and apex, then covers the temples and forehead. Often it is one-sided, like a classic migraine headache. Lasts from half an hour to several days, increases when tilting or turning, active physical activity.
- If bone necrosis affects the fourth and fifth vertebrae, cervical pain develops. Its danger lies in its resemblance to a heart attack. Unilateral pain, burning, burning, covering the neck, shoulders and diffuse below clavicle, hypotension, sometimes in forearms, hands.
- Myofascial dysfunction causes so-called cervical migraine. Throbbing or pressing pain from the side of the neck spread along one side, partially covering the occipital, occipital, temporal and to the superlash.
In severe cases, additional symptoms are observed: photophobia, red eyes, nausea, body weakness.Cervical spinal tumors can cause many types of vegetative-vascular dystonia:
- with frequent headaches;
- violation of thermoregulation, intracranial pressure, breathing;
- spasmodic changes in mood.
With significant compression of the spinal nerves, speech disorders, tongue numbness, loss of sensitivity of the fingers occurs. A person becomes like a person drunk or under the influence of psychotropic drugs: he speaks ambiguous words, does not immediately respond to his own calls. In severe cases, insufficient tissue nutrition and impaired blood supply lead to persistent increase in intracranial pressure, impaired vision and hearing.
For complaints of poor health in the case of degenerative cervical vertebrae, a neurologist should be contacted. During the examination, the doctor determines the source of the pain. To achieve this, he uses the following methods:
- press on the cervical vertebrae where the nerve roots are protruding: a painful reaction indicates a headache;
- pressing on the nearly protruding points of the bone below the lower edge of the ear: a subsequent pain clearly signals the development of cervical migraine due to mechanical compression.
For the correct diagnosis of cervical bone necrosis, a number of instrumental studies are prescribed. X-rays, magnetic resonance and computer tomography are still the leading fields. With their help, pathological changes that occurred in the structure of bone, cartilage and soft tissue were visualized.
Treatment of cervical bone necrosis
The drug is designed to eliminate symptoms, restore normal blood circulation and the biomechanics of the entire cervical spine.
- For pain relief, NSAIDs, pain relievers, muscle relaxants, and antispasmodics are used.
- Reduces vegetative manifestations, improves venous discharge and anti-edema to help vasodilation - vasodilators.
- Products containing B vitamins and magnesium help improve the nutrition of nerve tissue cells and reduce adverse symptoms.
- At the same time, the patient is advised to take drugs to regulate blood pressure, adjust heart rate.
- Many patients are given tranquilizers, antidepressants, and tranquilizers.
Depending on the severity of the disease, the course of treatment is short or long. Pain relievers are used once or for several days. Mean normalization of blood flow and vitamins - in courses of 2-3 months. To maintain the effect of the drug, physiotherapy is prescribed:
- therapeutic therapy;
- collar massage;
- needle prick and acupressure.
In the case of an exacerbation, the cervical muscle support treatment bandage is indicated.
In the absence of an exacerbation of osteonecrosis, therapeutic exercises help prevent and prevent symptoms of VSD. Exercise helps strengthen neck muscles, reduce spasm, improve the elasticity of vessels and ligaments of the vertebrae. Exercises include soft tissue stretching movements: deep head tilt, body rotation, and body rotation.
Patients with bone necrosis, complicated by VSD, should arrange a careful sleeping place. You just need to rest on mattresses and orthopedic pillows, do not drink a lot of water at night to avoid edema. Avoid jobs and hobbies related to unfavorable cervical vertebrae: tilt your head back or tilt your head low.